I made souffle for the first time today, and I thought I’d share the process with you! (Makes 6 servings)
The heat I used to cook everything in the recipe was 180°C (350°F & Gas Mark 4)
YOU WILL NEED:
(click the picture to enlarge)
Preheat the oven to 180°C, butter some ramekins, and roll 1/4 cup of granulated sugar throughout the dish. Set the bowls aside. Melt 2 tablespoons of butter and set aside.
2. STEAM THE MILK
Steam the milk in a medium saucepan on a low-medium heat.
3. SUGAR + FLOUR + MILK
Stir together 1/3 cup of granulated sugar, 1/3 cup of all purpose flour and the remaining 1/3 cup of milk until it forms a smooth batter.
4. ADD THE HOT MILK
Gently whisk half of the hot milk into the batter, and combine until smooth. Add the batter into the pan with the rest of the milk, and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Let it thicken for a couple of minutes.
5. ADD THE BUTTER
Stir in the butter, and allow the mixture to cool to room temperature (about 10 minutes). Add the vanilla extract.
6. BEAT THE EGG WHITES AND ADD SUGAR
In a new bowl, beat the egg whites until they become foamy, and add the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Continue beating the egg on high speed until they reach a glossy stiff peak.
Gently stir 1/3 of the egg whites into the vanilla mixture. One thoroughly mixed, carefully fold in the remaining egg whites until the mixture is evenly coloured and light and bubbly in texture.
8. SPOON INTO THE RAMEKINS AND BAKE
Spoon the mixture into ramekins, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes until it’s risen and has a golden-brown crusty exterior.
9. SERVE AND ENJOY
Serve alone or with some fresh berries and enjoy!
Please let me know if you enjoyed this post, and I’ll continue to make similar ones in the future!
Here are another 10 Random Questions!
1. What’s your favourite condement?
2. Have you ever played conkers?
– Yes, we used to play it in Primary (Elementary) School all of the time.
3. Can you blow bubbles with bubblegum?
– Yes, but not very well.
4. What animal would you most like to have as a pet?
– I’d really love a dog, but I love my rabbit to pieces!
5. Do you lick the spoon clean after making something sweet?
6. Which is better, Mario or Sonic?
7. Do you prefer Honey or Jam?
8. If you had to describe yourself as a flavour, what would it be?
9. Where did you go on your first ride on an airplane?
10. Do you get hayfever?
– Yes, unfortunately.
I’ve bought quite a few new products over the past few months, and rather than doing a haul, I thought I’d let you know what I think about them so far!
1. SOAP AND GLORY RICH AND FOAMUS BODY WASH
– I’d been dying to get a Soap and Glory Body Wash, as they have some delicious sounding scents! I saw this as I was walking about of Boots, and I just couldn’t leave it on the shelf! It smells so good, and leaves me feeling really mellow!
2. JOHN FRIEDA SHEER BLONDE SHAMPOO
– I recently bleached the ends of my hair, and because my hair is naturally very dark, my hair turned a very brassy colour, which I wasn’t a very big fan of. I did some research into how I could neutralise the colour without doing any further damage to my hair, and I found this. Even after the first wash, I noticed a huge different, and I’ve been using it for a couple of weeks now!
3. REVLON LIP BUTTER IN PINK TRUFFLE
– I’ve been wanting to buy a Revlon Lip Butter for a long time now, as they’ve been highly raved about, and I fell in love with this colour whilst swatching some different colours when I was out shopping a couple of weeks ago. It’s such a beautiful neutral colour, and I think it’d go nicely with any skin tone!
4. RIMMEL APOCALIPS IN APOCALYPTIC
– I’ve been seeing these a lot lately, and after reading some reviews online, I decided to buy one. I was originally going to buy a fairly neutral colour, but when I saw this, I had to buy it!
5. BATISTE DRY SHAMPOO
– I wash my hair every other day, because if I washed it everyday then I’d damage it, and sometimes there can be some excess oil in my hair. I tried the regular Batiste and that made my hair look grey, but, determined not to give up, I tried this. I really love it, and it works way better than I thought it would!
6. GUCCI PREMIERE PERFUME
– I smelt this perfume a long time ago and fell in love with it, so as I was in a perfume shop the other day I decided to buy some! It smells absolutely beautiful, and I think it really suits me!
7. SIMPLE FACIAL SCRUB
– My skin is very sensitive, so it’s really hard to find products that work and are suitable for sensitive skin. Even though my past with Simple hasn’t been great, I decided to try this, and I actually really love it! It cleans my skin really well, and leaves it feeling really soft!
8. LUSH TEA TREE TONER
I’ve recently become quite obsessed with Lush, and as I’ve never had a toner before, I decided to try this! It makes my skin feel really fresh, and it really helps when I have a few stray blemishes!
9. SLEEK BLUSH IN ROSE GOLD
– I’ve wanted to buy a Sleek Blush for a long time now, and I fell in love with this colour when I saw it about a month ago, but I only started using it a couple of weeks ago. It’s a really pretty colour, and has warm undertones, which go really well with my skin tone.
10. COLLECTION 2000 LASTING PERFECTION CONCEALER IN FAIR
– I bought some Collection 2000 concealer a while ago, and I didn’t really like it, but I realised that I’d picked up Light instead of Fair, and it was way too dark. Now I’ve got the right colour, I really love it, and will definitely be repurchasing it once I’ve finished it!
Even though August was a very busy month, it has flown by, and I’m sad that I haven’t really had time to do much during the holidays!
1. What was the best thing that happened to you this month?
– SUMMER HOLIDAYS
Even though I didn’t do much during the holiday, it was nice to just get the opportunity to relax this month.
2. What did you do this month that made you feel proud of yourself?
– HAD SURGERY
As you probably already know, I had surgery this month on my mouth, and it was a stressful time for me, so I’m proud of myself for getting through it.
3. What books did you read?
Again, I didn’t have much of an opportunity to read this month because of my surgery, and I’m really disappointed.
4. What movies did you watch?
– PRINCESS MONONOKE
I’ve yet to watch any Studio Ghibli films (for what reason I’m not sure), and I started watching this film last month. I’m really enjoying it so far, and I hope to finish it soon.
5. What tv shows did you watch?
– POYO POYO
I’ve been wanting to start watching Anime for a while now, and after looking on Crunchyroll, I saw this adorable mini series, and I’ve fallen in love with it after only a few episodes!
6. What games did you play?
– HARVEST MOON DS
I got back into this game a few months ago, and I’m still really enjoying playing it!
7. What food did you try and love?
– GLICO COLLON STRAWBERRY ROLLS
I ordered some Japanese candy from TofuCute earlier this month, and I tried some of these biscuits the other day and absolutely loved them!
8. What were your favourite fashion/beauty items?
– SIMPLE DEEP CLEANSING FACIAL MASK, RIMMEL 60 SECONDS NAIL POLISH IN PRINCESS PINK AND CHARLIE BODY SPRAY IN ENCHANT
As it was the holidays and I wasn’t really going anywhere, I didn’t wear a lot of makeup this month, and so I’ve been cleansing and moisturising my face a lot less. Simple’s deep cleansing facial mask was perfect for this, and both cleansed and moisturised my face! As I haven’t been wearing much makeup, I thought a pretty nude nail colour would be perfect, and so I chose Princess Pink. It lasts a fairly long time, and looks good with every skin tone. Because of the heat, it’s been harder to smell fresh, so I picked up a few different body sprays, and this was my favourite because it’s so fresh and light!
9. What was your favourite song?
– COME AND GET IT BY SELENA GOMEZ
I’ve always loved Selena, and this song is so catchy!
10. What did you buy/What were you given?
– JAPANESE CANDY
I found out about TofuCute through twitter, and decided to order some candy from their shop. I’ve yet to try everything, but I’m sure it will all be delicious! If you’re living in the UK, I would highly recommend this shop, as they deliver quickly, and everything is well packaged!