We’re almost a month into the new year already and time is flying by!
1. What was the best thing that happened to you this month?
– NEW BUNNY
I’ve wanted another bunny to keep Bambi company for a few months, and this month I finally adopted my new bunny, Pip! (I’ll post about him soon)
2. What did you do this month that made you feel proud of yourself?
– CAUGHT UP WITH OLD WORK
I had a lot of work that I needed to catch up with, and I’ve finally done that this month!
3. What books did you read?
– OF LIONS AND UNICORNS BY MICHAEL MORPURGO
I received a hardback version of this book for Christmas, as Michael Morpurgo is one of my all time favourite authors, and I’ve absolutely fallen in love with it! I haven’t read it all, but I’ve read one of the many stories in it, and I think it’s a truly wonderful keepsake!
4. What movies did you watch?
– HOWL’S MOVING CASTLE
I haven’t quite finished watching it yet, but I love what I’ve watched so far! Studio Ghibli movies are slowly creeping up into my Top Ten List!
5. What tv shows did you watch?
– THE WALKING DEAD
This is definitely not a new show for me, but due to some spare time, I’ve flown through Season Two this month, and it’s safe to say my emotions are in tatters. (This also explains my prominent lack of sleep this month!)
6. What games did you play?
I really need to buy myself some new games this year, because I haven’t played anything in months!
7. What food did you try and love?
– TARTAR SAUCE
For some reason, tartar sauce has just never really appealed to me, but upon trying it again this month, I’ve fallen in love!
8. What were your favourite fashion/beauty items?
– MUA SHEER FINISH LIP GLOSS IN HAPPY DAYS, LUSH CELEBRATE BODY LOTION AND MAC EYESHADOW IN SWISS CHOCOLATE
I received the MUA Sheer Gloss from a friend for Christmas after wanting to try them for a long time, and I’ve completely fallen in love! It’s not sticky, it doesn’t dry, and the colours are beautiful! I got a sample of the Lush Celebrate Body Lotion when I was shopping there a few weeks ago, and I absolutely love it! It’s so moisturising, and I’m almost certain that I’ll be purchasing the full size (Once I’ve gone through the copious amounts of other Body Lotion I was given for Christmas, that is!). I bought a MAC Eyeshadow palette a few months ago, and Swiss Chocolate was one of the colours in the palette. It’s the perfect crease colour for a slightly smokier eye, it blends beautiful and it doesn’t make my eyes puffy!
9. What was your favourite song?
– HIGH HOPES BY KODALINE
For some reason, this song just makes me feel ridiculously emotional, and I think it’s so beautiful.
10. What did you buy/What were you given?
– A BAMBI HOODIE
One of my best friends instantly thought of me when she saw this, so she bought it for me as a belated Christmas present! It’s so cuddly!
I’ve always thought that Mac&Cheese looks delicious, but I hate cheese! So after some research last year, I managed to find this delicious looking all-vegan recipe that was so delicious I had to share it with you!
YOU WILL NEED:
(click the picture to enlarge)
1. SOAK CASHEWS
Soak the cashews in water for two hours before you start cooking. This will make the blended process easier, and make them taste creamy when blended.
2. ROAST BROCCOLI
Coat the broccoli in olive oil and roast in a small tin at 400ºC/204ºF/Gas Mark 6 for around 20 minutes until golden brown and slightly crispy.
3. ROAST PEPPER AND LEAVE TO COOL
Roast your pepper using your preferred method (I used a gas cooker flame) until the skin has blackened, place in a deep bowl, cover tightly with cling film and leave to cool for at least 10 minutes. Once the pepper has cooled, peel the skin, remove the seeds and set aside.
4. SAUTE ONIONS AND GARLIC
Sauté the onions in oil and a pinch of salt until translucent. Add the garlic and sauté for a further minute and set aside.
5. COOK THE PASTA
Boil a medium pan of water and season with salt. Cook the pasta according to the directions on the packet.
6. TRANSFER TO BLENDER
Drain the cashews and add them to the blender along with the onions, garlic, pepper, tomato paste, corn starch, seasoning, salt and mustard. Blend until very smooth.
7. THICKEN THE SAUCE
Transfer the sauce back into the pan you used to cook the onions and cook on a low heat for a few minutes until thickened.
8. ADD THE PASTA
Add the pasta into the pan and fold the mixture together carefully to avoid breakage.
9. SERVE AND ENJOY
Serve alone or with the roasted broccoli and enjoy!
Please let me know if you enjoyed this post, and I’ll continue to make similar ones in the future!
Here are another 10 Random Questions!
1. Would you ever go on Big Brother?
– Definitely not
2. Are you reliable?
– Yes, I’d say so.
3. Do you decorate the outside of your house for Christmas?
4. Can you somersault?
– No, not at all.
5. Whats your favourite TV advert?
– The Thinkbox “Every Home Needs a Harvey” advert.
6. Whats your most expensive piece of clothing?
– My favourite pair of leather boots!
7. What would be your dream car?
– Either a White Fiat 500 Convertible or a Cream Mini Convertible.
8. Do you read your horoscope?
– Yes, sometimes.
9. Do you know any self defence or martial arts?
– No, but I’d like to learn some!
10. Do you shout out the answers at the TV whilst watching quiz shows?
With a new year comes a fresh start, and a brand new set of blog posts!
1. What is you New Year’s Resolution?
– To lose more weight
2. What is one thing you would like to have achieved by 2015?
– I would have liked to set up my new blog, and possibly start making YouTube videos again.
3. What would you like to buy yourself in this year’s January sales?
– A new perfume!
4. Where would you like to go on holiday this year?
– I’d really love to go to Tokyo, but realistically, I’d like to go to France again!
5. Where were you on New Year’s Eve?
– At home with my family, watching the fireworks!
6. What has changed so far this year?
– We have a new family member! (I’ll be posting about him soon)
7. Do you have anything major planned for the New Year?
– I’m setting up a brand new blog!
8. Are you going to have a Spring Clean?
9. What would you liked for your birthday/Christmas this year?
– Either a new camera or a laptop!
10. What tv shows/movies are you excited to watch and what books are you excited to read this year?
– I’d like to start getting into anime more, so I’d like to watch and read Sailor Moon, and watch some more Studio Ghibli films!