As my last post about healthy living had such good feedback, I decided to write a post about my fitness routine. (I’ll usually do this routine roughly 3-4 times a week)
1. DRINK A SMOOTHIE/JUICE
– I try to have a small glass of smoothie or juice before working out as it refreshes me and constitutes for the liquids I’ll be losing during the workout!
– Stretching before you work out is very important as it helps avoid pulling a muscle or ligament.
3. 5 x 30 SECOND BURSTS OF CARDIO
– I start my workout with short bursts of vigorous cardio exercises such as star jumps or mountain climbers to increase my heart rate.
4. 2 x BLOGILATES WORKOUTS
– I then go on to do two Blogilates workouts. I’ll usually either target the whole body or the specific areas that I need to tone.
5. STRETCH AND DRINK
– I finish my workout by stretching again and having a large glass of water.
– Drink plenty of water throughout the day and throughout your workouts to make sure your body is always well hydrated.
2. DONT OVERDO IT
– Make sure you don’t work your body too hard, as you can pull a muscle or injure the nerves in your brain.
3. BE PATIENT
– Getting fit isn’t an overnight proses, so be sure to be patient with yourself if you don’t see instant results.
4. EAT CLEAN
– Don’t expect to see results if your eating a lot of junk food and only doing a little bit of exercise. A healthy lifestyle is a combination of a balanced diet and an appropriate amount of exercise.
5. LOVE YOURSELF
– Remember, being healthy doesn’t mean being thin. Everyone is different, and we’re all of different shapes and sizes. Learning to love yourself will improve your health in itself. Don’t work towards pleasing others, work towards pleasing yourself!
I’ve been really busy this weekend because of my upcoming exams, and unfortunately haven’t had the time to prepare a DIY post, but as I still really wanted to post something, I decided to answer some questions from the Healthy Living Tag!
1. What did you eat for breakfast?
– Today, as it was the weekend, I had a two small slices of gluten-free bread with olive oil spread. On a week day I’d usually have some a bowl of fruit with a gluten-free fruit muffin or some gluten free breakfast biscuits with peanut butter.
2. How many calories do you eat a day?
– I don’t tend to count anymore, but I’d say that I usually have around 1000-1200 calories a day.
3. What is your current favourite workout?
– Currently, I’ve currently been enjoying having hour long Blogilates sessions three to four times a week. I especially love her thigh and ab workouts!
4. What are your favourite healthy snacks?
– I love fruit, nuts, seeds and nature valley bars.
5. What do you usually eat for lunch?
– I’ll usually either have a gluten free pasta salad or a gluten free wrap.
6. What are your “bad” food cravings?
– Pizza, chocolate and cake are my weak points.
7. Do you take vitamins or supplements?
– Currently, I take 410 mg Cod Liver Oil tablets and Haliborange Vitamin D and Calcium Softies every day.
8. How often do you eat out?
– I eat out fairly often, usually once a week and it’ll usually be for lunch.
9. Do you eat fast food?
– Rarely, but yes I am human.
10. What is the best thing that has changed about your life since committing to a Healthy Lifestyle?
– I feel a lot less tired and a lot more motivated. Also, my skin has become a lot smoother and my hair has become a lot silkier.
Here are another 10 Random Questions!
1. Have you ever been the recipiant of a practical joke?
– Yes, but only minor jokes.
2. How big is your house?
– It’s very small.
3. Do you prefer sunrises or sunsets?
4. What do you typically have for breakfast?
– Either toast with Olive Oil Spread and Marmite or Digestives with Peanut Butter
5. What is your most essential kitchen appliance?
– The Microwave
6. What is your least favourite foreign cuisine?
7. Are you a bad loser?
– I don’t like to admit it, but sometimes I can be.
8. Do you wear sunglasses indoors to look cool or stylish?
– No, never.
9. When, if ever, did you last go to London?
– I drove through London when I was about 7, but I haven’t been since.
10. How many text messages do you recieve on average a day?
– Usually between 15 and 30.
I’ve wanted to do the TMI Tag for a while, but as the tag has 50 questions and I prefer my posts to be slightly shorter, I decided to pick ten of my favourite questions from the tag and answer them for you!
1. How tall are you?
2. Do you have any piercings?
– No, I don’t even have my ears pierced!
3. What’s your favourite show?
– Currently, either The Walking Dead or Wilfred
4. What’s your zodiac sign?
5. What’s your favourite song?
– Currently, High Hopes by Kodaline
6. How long does it take you to shower?
– Usually around 20 minutes
7. What book are you currently reading?
– The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
8. What’s your favourite flavour of sweet?
– Either grape or watermelon
9. What instruments do you play?
– Guitar and a little bit of Piano
10. What’s something you miss?
– Not having to be constantly stressed with coursework and exams.