I had some free time this weekend, so I decided to make some basic vanilla sugar cookies! This recipe is from Laura in the Kitchen!
YOU WILL NEED:
– 1 ¾ cups of All Purpose Flour
– ½ tsp of Baking Powder
– ½ tsp of Salt
– ¼ tsp of Baking Soda
– 1 cup of Unsalted Butter (softened at room temperature)
– 1 cup of Caster Sugar
– 1 Egg
– ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
– ½ cup of Granulated Sugar to coat the cookies
1. PREHEAT THE OVEN
Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F & Gas Mark 4).
2. LINE BAKING TRAYS
Line two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
3. CREAM THE BUTTER, SUGAR, VANILLA EXTRACT EGG TOGETHER
Mix the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg together until they’re well combined.
4. ADD THE DRY INGREDIENTS
Mix everything together until a sticky dough forms.
5. COAT IN SUGAR
Using an ice cream scoop or tablespoon, form the cookies and coat in granulated sugar.
Place the cookies onto a lined baking sheet and bake for 18-20 minutes, making sure to turn them around at 9-10 minutes.
7. LEAVE TO COOL
Make sure you leave the cookies to cool before eating, as you could burn.
Eat alone or decorate with your favourite icing recipe!
Please let me know if you enjoyed this post, and I’ll continue to make similar ones in the future!
Here are another 10 Random Questions!
1. Have you ever tried lucid dreaming? If not, would you like to?
– No, and yes I would!
2. What do you put on hotdogs?
– Ketchup and a little bit of mustard.
3. Do you have a Snuggie?
4. Are you allergic to anything?
– Cats and Pollen
5. Do you cross out your mistakes or erase/tipp-ex them?
– Erase them
6. Do you pause movies/TV shows if you have to go to the bathroom or the kitchen, or do you just let them keep playing?
– If it’s a movie or a tv show I’m interested in, then I’ll pause it. If it’s just a random tv show, I’ll let it keep playing.
7. Do you check your computer’s dictionary for the definition of words you’d otherwise feel confident about using during in-person interactions?
– All of the time!
8. Have you ever walked out of a movie at the theatre?
9. Do you get motion sickness?
– Yes, really badly!
10. Can you walk well in high heels?
– Not at all!
I haven’t had time to do a DIY post this month, so here’s another tag post!
1. What is your favourite movie of all time?
– Either Lord Of The Rings – The Fellowship of The Ring or Jurassic Park
2. What is your favourite scene from that movie?
– The Balrog Scene from LOTR and the Brachiosaurus Scene from Jurassic Park
3. Who is your favourite actor/actress?
– Johnny Depp and Emma Watson
4. What is your favourite tear jerker movie?
– Either Hachiko A Dog’s Story or Marley and Me
5. What is your favourite animated movie?
– Either Bambi or My Neighbour Totoro
6. Do you like horror movies?
– Not at all
7. What is one movie you hate that everyone else loves?
8. What is your favourite movie genre?
– Either Fantasy or Science Fiction
9. Who is your favourite movie duo?
– Frodo Baggins and Samwise Gamgee
10. Who is your favourite director?
– Steven Spielberg
Here’s another tag post!
If you could…
1. Travel anywhere, where would it be?
2. Bring anyone dead back to life, who would it be?
– Either Elvis or Freddie Mercury
3. Be any animal for a day which would you be?
– A red panda!
4. Get anything for free for the rest of your life what would it be?
5. Be talented at anything instantly what would you choose?
– Playing piano
6. Live in any fictional universe which would you choose?
– Either Middle-earth or Hundred Acre Wood
7. Change one of your personality traits which would you choose?
– My anxiety
8. Have any job in the world, which would you choose?
– Anything that involves animals!
9. Meet anyone, who would it be?
– John and Hank Green
10. Have any superpower what would it be?